Pumps For Slurries
Air-operated double diaphragm pumps can move anything from fine chemicals
(gentle, non-shearing action), to abrasive and viscous slurries (no
close-fitting parts, low internal velocities), and almost any other product
that can move. A few of the thousands of products now being pumped:
- Paints & solvents
- Construction water & waste
- Beer & wine
- Mine tailings
- Oils & lubricants
- Glues & adhesives
- Tanker loading/unloading
- Marine barges
- Ceramic slips, slurries & glazes
- Driller's mud
- Inks & printing liquors
- Against filter press
- Low density powders
- Handling Barrels, Jerry Cans, Carbouys.
- Can run dry indefinitely without damage.
- No shaft seals or gland packing.
- Infinitely variable flow & discharge pressure from 0 to
pump's maximum by adjusting air pressure.
- Gentle non-shearing action.
- If discharge is clogged or closed pump stops immediately; no
power consumed, no heat, no wear. By opening discharge, flow starts
- Operates submerged or with flooded suction.
- Self-priming from a dry start.
- Pressures up to 100 PSI (7 bar).
- No close fit, sliding or rotating parts. Low internal velocity
- Quick assembly/disassembly with split clamp bands.
- Capable of pumping at high temperatures.
- Quiet, steady discharge flow without use of pulsation dampener.
- Safe for use in explosive environments. No electrical hazards or
costly motor and control equipment needed.
- No pressure relief or bypass piping required because pump
pressure never exceeds air inlet pressure.
- Pollution-free operation. The pump even improves air environment
in confined areas.
Operated Double Diaphragm Pumps
The air valve directs pressurized air to the back side of diaphragm 1.
The compressed air is applied directly to the liquid column separately by
elastometric diaphragms. The diaphragm acts as a separation membrane
between the compressed air and the liquid. Driving the diaphragm with
air instead of the shaft balances the load and removes mechanical stress
from the diaphragm, dramatically extending diaphragm life. The
compressed air moves the diaphragm away from the center block of the pump.
The opposite diaphragm is pulled in by the shaft connected to the
pressurized diaphragm. Diaphragm 2 is now on its air exhaust stroke;
air behind the diaphragm has been forced out to atmosphere through the
exhaust port of the pump. The movement of diaphragm 2 toward the
center block of the pump creates a vacuum within chamber 2.
Atmospheric pressure forces fluid into the inlet manifold forcing the inlet
valve ball off its seat. Liquid is free to move past the inlet valve
ball and fill the liquid chamber.
these Pumps Work Best
The heart of the Double Acting Air Operated Diaphragm Pump is the air valve
which shifts the air supply to both diaphragms alternately with complete
reliability under all conditions of head and flow. The air valve performs
this function with a simplicity in design and serviceability.
Air Valve Assembly
Shaft block and air valve
assembly for trouble free operation even if moist air enters into the shaft
Top Performance in the most rugged
Pumps give dependable, top performance in the most rugged pumping jobs.
Up to 50% solids and over 30 m. are no problem for the Pump.
Material of construction
Diaphragms & NRV Balls are offered in different elastomers.
- Cast Iron
- Cast Aluminium
- S. S. 316
- FEP/ PFA ( FEP/PFA Lined Pumps)
Neoprene / EPDM / Nitrile / PTFE / Hypalon
1) F.R.L : Air Filter, Regulator and
Lubricator are required in Air line to provide clean, moist free air at
constant pressure to the pump. FRL also helps to lubricate air valve
assembly (connecting shaft and piston). 2) Needle valve in brass.
Size available 1
||AOD - 20
||AOD - 25
||AOD - 50
|HEIGHT : (in mm)
|WIDTH : (in mm)
|DEPTH :(in mm)
|WEIGHT : (in kg.)
|AIR INLET : (in BSP)
|SUCTION : (in mm)
|DISCHARGE : (in mm)
|SUCTION LIFT : (in m.)
|Max. Solid Size. (in mm)
by Mr. Gyan P. Agrawal
© Seemsan Pumps and Equipments Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved
Powered By Indian Business